Fettuccine Alfredo in a pinch

Monday, May 17, 2010

This post should be titled "Not Meant to Make Macaroons." The Macaroon has made a comeback. Yes, while some strive to be fashion forward, I try to be food forward. So, in case you haven't heard, the Macaroon is the new cupcake. I made some beautiful golden Macaroons with cherries nestled in the center and a drizzle of chocolate on top. However, I forgot to spray the parchment paper and now my Macaroons are stuck. I tried to save them, but couldn't salvage any of my Macaroons. Did I bite off the top part and were they good, absolutely! So there. I promised to tell you about my victories and my blunders. There's one. I was sad after ruining my Macaroons, so I just threw together some dinner with what I saw in the refrigerator: Heavy Whipping Cream, Butter, Parmesan Cheese, Zucchini,IGA Roasted Chicken, garlic and some spices. Oh yes babies, I made the most fattening dish of all and we enjoyed it thoroughly. Jillian Michaels workout tomorrow morning, here I come!

Fettuccine Alfredo in a pinch
serves 3-4 (depending on how much pasta you make)

What you need:
Pasta
1 small carton Heavy Whipping Cream
5 oz tub of Grated Parmesan
1/2 stick butter
1 tbsp minced garlic (from a jar)
salt
pepper
Dash Crushed Red Pepper
1. In a medium sauce pan, boil Pasta as directed on the box, once boiled, stick in a colander and run cold water over it to keep from sticking together. Put pasta back into the sauce pan.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat butter and garlic on medium or medium low until melted. Pour in heavy whipping cream and cheese. Stir constantly, turn heat down to simmer. Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
3. Simmer for at least 10 minutes to let sauce thicken.
4. Pour over pasta and serve with fresh parsley.
* I chopped up one zucchini and took an IGA roasted chicken, shredded it and stuck it into the sauce pan

If you have leftovers, warm up Fettuccine Alfredo with a little milk in a saucepan on the stove.
Mangi! Mangi!

0 comments:

My IGA! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino