Harvey Wallbanger

Saturday, May 15, 2010

*Let me preface this entire post by saying how sorry I am for the people in Nashville who lost everything from the flood. My heart goes out to you and you are in my prayers.*
While celebrating a friends' birthday in Vegas the week of the flood we learned our house, too, had been hit. Our finished basement flooded four feet and luckily we called friends just in time to help. They saved Christmas decorations, pictures, memorabilia and even our plasma TV's off the walls! How can I possibly thank them? With a cake, of course!!! I don't normally use box cakes in any of my baking, but since I had to make so many at a time, I did! Shhh!

A classic Harvey Wallbanger is light enough to eat for breakfast and delicious enough to make it a family favorite! You can enjoy a piece with a Harvey Wallbanger drink if you'd like ;)

1 oz vodka
1/2 oz Galliano (A sweet Italian liqueur)
4 oz OJ
Pour Vodka and OJ in a collins-type glass with ice. Pour Galliano on top to 'float.'

Okay, onto the recipe:


1 IGA Classic Yellow cake mix (You can use orange cake mix too!)
1 pkg. (Small) Vanilla instant pudding
4 eggs
1 C veg. oil
1/2 C orange juice
1/4 C Vodka
Mix all ingredients and pour into a Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool, remove cake to serving platter and dust with powdered sugar.

It's so simple why not spend a little time on a fun glaze? If you're into glazes, and I am, here's an awesome one for this cake.

1 Cup sifted powdered sugar
1 TBSP Orange Juice
1 TBSP Vodka
1 TBSP Galliano

Whisk the liquid ingredients first, then sift the powdered sugar over the liquid. Once you're done sifting, whisk the sugar into liquid ingredients to make a glaze. It will be runny, but sticky. It's just a thin layer of glaze to drizzle over the cake. I poke holes into my cakes with a fork before I glaze them. That way, the glaze soaks through the cake, making it so moist!



Thanks to all who helped save our stuff!
Mangi!Mangi!

My IGA! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino